Professor & Dean Faculty of Community & Health Sciences
Community Medicine Department imparts Medical Education which enables the Medical students to appreciate Disease, not just in an individual patient but to also have a holistic approach regarding the spectrum of disease in the whole of community.
In the community medicine Department field visits of the places of Public health importance, household surveys and research work are being arranged regularly. Teaching faculty of the department is highly qualified and dedicated for learning of students and shares their experiences.
In the field of contemporary health care, 'Community Medicine' is a well-recognized discipline that aims to train health professionals in combating community / public health related issues.
Public health oriented and qualified medical professionals for provision of quality medical care to the communities nationally and globally.
Develop health Care providers, having equipped by basic and higher public medical professional education for maintaining health of individual & communities by means of primary prevention, better secondary and tertiary health care along with strengthening health system by public health persons, researchers and policy makers.
1. Promote sustainable and positive change in public health learners though knowledge communication, field work and research.
2. Educate the generation leaders for endeavors to be change agents for health problems through research and trainings.
1. The concepts of community health & measures of level of health.
2. Learning of the Epidemiological methods.
3. Apply appropriate epidemiological methods to communicable and non communicable diseases in hospital & community situations.
4. Use of epidemiological tools to make rational decisions relevant at the individual and community levels.
5. Learning and use of basic bio-statistical methods.
6. Describe the demographic pattern of the country & its relation to Health.
7. Vital Statistics and various methods which are used to collect vital statistics in Pakistan.
8. Environmental hazards inside homes. At the work place and in the community.
9. Importance of water and sanitation in human health.
10. Feasible methods of environment control at household and community levels.
11. Common occupational hazards
12. The Role of individual, family, community & socio-cultural in health and disease.
13. Diagnose and manage maternal and child health problems and advice couples and the community on the family planning methods available.
14. Diagnose and mange common nutritional problems at the individuals and community level.
15. School health programme
16. Health information system in Pakistan
17. Health care delivery system in Pakistan.
18. Organization and functions of the health care team at primary health centre, community health centre and district level.
19. Disaster management
20. Principles and components of Primary Health Care.
21. National health policy & its implementation in the country.
2. Masters of Public Health (MPH)
3. BSc: Nursing (BSN)
4. Doctor of Physiotherapy (DPT)
1. Water Testing Laboratory
3. Seminar Hall
4. Lecture Hall
Peoples University of Medical & Health Science for Women Nawabshah, Shaheed Benazirabad